SHR - Trying to configure phone for a wireless demo...

John Dowd jdowdster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:18:28 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 09 September 2009 01:39:54 Paul Fertser wrote:
> You certainly want to consult http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FSO_Resources
> wikipage; it's frameworkd syncing resources on startup and thus
> turning everything off.

Thanks Paul.

I installed the fsoraw utility (funny, I did a "opkg search fsoraw" and found
nothing, then I did a "opkg list | grep -i fsoraw" and saw it in the list.
Then I typed "opkg install fsoraw" and voila, it installed).

I managed to get the fsoraw utility to start the wpa_supplicant applications
and I could see the wpa handshake being done on the AP (Access Point) side.
Then the udhcpc (busybox dhcp client) started up and did it's usual round of
ignoring the response to its DHCPDISCOVER messages (this is why I want to get
dhclient). Eventually it actually did send a DHCPACK and it had an IP address.
I spent too long congratulating myself and gloating because just as I issued
the ssh root at wifi-ip-address-of-my-neo the AP log said that the wifi had been
disassociated and the Neo was showing that the wifi timed out due to
inactivity.

This is a few steps forward. Thanks for the help.
Cheers!!
--
"To Err is human, to forgive is NOT company policy."

John Dowd
S/W Contractor
email: jdowd at gmail dot com
Cell: (613)316-7884