QtMoko - screen "undims" every minute or so?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 20:41:06 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > When my FreeRunner is connected via usb to my laptop, the screen
> > "un-dims" ever minute or so.
> > Screen dim is set to default (20 seconds?), ut every minute the screen
> > goes back to "un-dimmed" again, without me doing any activity on the
> > FreeRunner.
> > Why does it do that?
>
> No idea :) Probably some event (battery charging?)

I hope not. IMHO, screen indicators (battery level / charging, signal
strength) and other gadgets (like time shown in homescreen) shouldn't
activate the screen.

Anyway, it does not seem to be any event that is visible on the display at
least (it's not battery charging, signal strength or the time (shown in
homescreen)).

. I just commited fix that disables dimming when plugged in. You can do this
> manually from
> Power settings.

Very nice.
But Im actually quite happy to have my FreeRunner auto-dim after 20 seconds,
even when connected via usb.
However, it would be nice if only defined events (like an alarm) and manual
action (like touching the screen) would "un-dim" the screen. Just my 0.02
euros. :-)
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen