org.freesmartphone.Device.Orientation

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Sep 10 00:10:54 CEST 2009

is now working in the first version. Here's an example output of mdbus -s -l
where I have (orientation status in brackets):
* put the Neo on to the table (flat faceup),
* took it and put it up-side-down back on the table (flat facedown),
* took it and operated it for a bit (held faceup portrait normal),
* rotated it to read some text (held faceup landscape normal),
* and put it back on the table with the display visible (flat faceup).

See also
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesmartphone.Device.Orientation.html;hb=HEAD

root at om-gta02:/etc/opkg# mdbus -s -l
listening for signals on SystemBus from service 'all', object 'all'...
 [SIGNAL]    org.freesmartphone.Device.Orientation.OrientationChanged    from
:1.47 /org/freesmartphone/Device/Orientation
('flat faceup ',)
 [SIGNAL]    org.freesmartphone.Device.Orientation.OrientationChanged    from
:1.47 /org/freesmartphone/Device/Orientation
('facedown ',)
 [SIGNAL]    org.freesmartphone.Device.Orientation.OrientationChanged    from
:1.47 /org/freesmartphone/Device/Orientation
('held faceup portrait normal ',)
 [SIGNAL]    org.freesmartphone.Device.Orientation.OrientationChanged    from
:1.47 /org/freesmartphone/Device/Orientation
('landscape ',)
 [SIGNAL]    org.freesmartphone.Device.Orientation.OrientationChanged    from
:1.47 /org/freesmartphone/Device/Orientation
('flat ',)

To play with that, you need to download install a fsodeviced from HEAD (and
all its dependencies) and activate the accelerometer plugin in
/etc/frameworkd.conf:

[fsodeviced]
log_level = DEBUG
log_to = stderr

[fsodevice]
[fsodevice.accelerometer]
device_type = lis302
movement_idle_threshold = 15
movement_busy_threshold = 100
[fsodevice.accelerometer_lis302]
inputnode = /input/event2

Note that you have to stop frameworkd for this experiments as fsodeviced is
using the same busname as odeviced (of course... it's supposed to be a drop-in
replacement soon).

I hope we'll see some cool things with that now. I for one am planning to
connect 'flat facedown' to suspend via oeventsd :)

Cheers,

:M: