Bug tracker

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 08:34:08 CEST 2009

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk> writes:
>> If the latest andy-tracking kernel is no longer affected why
>> aren't both WSOD bug reports updated? I wasn't even aware until very
>> recently that the original WSOD bug was fixed as the initial report is still
>> open without activity since months.
>
>    It is not generally possible to update bug reports in the OM bug tracker
> because the exact magic necessary to get permission to create bug reports or
> update existing ones isn't known. So you shouldn't put too much into seeing
> an open bug report with no activity for months.

Currently it is indeed possible to get permissions to update
"tickets". Rask, you can ask .

I think only "System software" (== bootloaders and the kernel) section
on the OM trac is still relevant since all the other soft comes
elsewhere and has its own bug tracking systems. I've just closed a
whole bunch of old/fixed/invalid tickets in there and left only those
which i'm really unsure of or that are real bugs still present.

Unfortunately, WSOD is still one of those. It's known that the way
andy-tracking HEAD currently deals with jbt is still prone to
WSOD. And i can confirm seeing it on gta01.

This bug is supposed to go away after switching to .31 from upstream
and applying Lars's heavily rewritten drivers on top of it.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com