Litephone 0.1

Arigead captain.deadly at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:24:55 CEST 2009

Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> 2009/9/10 Arigead <captain.deadly at gmail.com
> <mailto:captain.deadly at gmail.com>>
>

>     Thanks a million for the update. I tried litephone on SHR-U for the
>     first time yesterday and tried to send a text message "test message
>     hello". That got displayed in litephone as "ttes meessag hello" which I
>     thought was funny as. I was going to ask if there were any updates or
>     where the repository was today. You beat me to it downloading now ;-)
>

> Can you go to sent messages and see what has been sent? My guess is that
> you typed in the misspelled message using  the predictive illume
> keyboard. Someone has already reported this, and my guess is the bug is
> somewhere between illume and qt (maybe the fakekey events get swapped
> because illume sends them all without a delay or something).

The message got sent like that as I received it on my other phone that
garbled way. It's exactly the same with the new version which I
downloaded earlier today.

I don't see any way to look at sent messages in litephone so maybe it's
not as intuitive as it could be ;-)

Other problem is that it can't receive messages at all. I got rid of the
 notifier and ophonekitd out of /etc/X11/Xsession so maybe I need to put
the notifier back in but I'd assumed that I might not get a notification
but I'd still receive the message. Any messages I've sent are not
arriving at all.

Can we look at the source code?
;-)