2.6.31 is out, where is my ultimate kernel?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 10 16:12:59 CEST 2009

Qi, uboot or both?  I am using a 2.6.28 kernel and only get WSOD when
using Qi.  After booting using Qi, suspends often give flashes on the
screen after it has gone dark, but before it suspends or as it actually
powers down.  This does not happen on uboot

I know Qi (and uboot) are not supposed to affect anything after its
passed control over to the kernel, but it looks like its not presetting
something that uboot does, and the kernel doesnt know about.

I am happy that after swapping between uboot and Qi every week or so,
that Qi, or something it does, or doesnt do allows WSOD's to occur.

So if you get WSOD's, can you state here if you are using Qi, and if
they stop when using uboot.

If I am not the only data point for this, it might be easier to fix if
others can add their input.  If I am not alone in this observation, I'll
add it to the bug tracker.

BillK

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 15:28 +0200, Radek Polak wrote:
> Vinzenz Hersche wrote:
>
> > wasn't radek wrote something like the 2.6.30-kernel uses
> > about 20% less ram on his moko? (is this kms? haven't a fully clear head now
> > :p )
>
> That could be different kernel config. And it was much faster because
> the Qtopia bug didnt appear on this bug. But otherwise subjectively the
> new kernel performed really well except guess what - WSOD. I had it on
> every suspend. But it could be that i have done something wrong. I am
> now waiting for 2.6.31 to try it out again.
>
> Radek

Home in Perth!