[shr-u] first impressions

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Sep 10 23:01:07 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 09:19:46PM +0200, Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> 2009/9/10 Dan Staley <daniel.l.staley at gmail.com>
> > I like these ideas...but how would you get out of a fullscreen app?  or
> > close a full screen app if it didnt have a close or un-fullscreen option in
> > the app itself?
> >
> > -Dan Staley
> >

> With gestures. Let me do some marketing here :-)

I "hate" gestures, the potential of conflicts between them and apps is huge.

Under your scenario, consider a drawing program... you will need an "edit"
mode and "gesture" mode (think vi edit and command modes).

Same for almost every graphical app, in fact...

> Litemoko puts every app fullscreen. You switch between apps or close them
> with simple gestures. This way my FR has about 8mm more usable screen space
> on the top, because I don't need the illume top panel. And I don't need to
> stick my finger in the corner to switch apps. Closing apps is also faster.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjbgiE6GU5U
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Litemoko

But I will check Litephone, if anyone can assure me it works at least as
well as current shr-u as a phone :)

Rui