SHR: bluetooth trials

Ronald Tallent ron at tallent.ws
Fri Sep 11 06:02:09 CEST 2009

I would really like to see an option to have bluetooth power settings
remain persistent over reboots in shr-settings. I use bluetooth a lot
and the whole purpose of it is to be easy on power so long term the
power drain is minimal if it is not in use, but it's a pain to keep
turning on every time I need it, say for sending a file to it from my
laptop over obex.

On a side-note... is there a reason why there's no init script for
obextftpd?

Another side-note... Everyone is probably already aware of this, but the
opd daemon for obexpush_1.0.0-r4 does not properly stop the opd process.
It reports:

        "Stopping the OBEX Push daemon: no /usr/sbin/opd found; none
        killed
        opd."

and the process remains running. Kind of a pain if you use the 'restart'
option for the init script since it leaves the first process running
then starts a second one.

Ron