[shr-u] first impressions

Michal Brzozowski rusolis at poczta.fm
Fri Sep 11 12:55:12 CEST 2009

2009/9/11 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>

> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 08:51:08AM +0200, Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> > 2009/9/10 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>
> > > I "hate" gestures, the potential of conflicts between them and apps is
> > > huge.
> > >
> > > Under your scenario, consider a drawing program... you will need an
> "edit"
> > > mode and "gesture" mode (think vi edit and command modes).
> > >
> > > Same for almost every graphical app, in fact...
> > >
> > I can argue with you only if you install Litemoko, try your programs and
> > name the ones that conflict with the gestures. Otherwise it's totally
> > pointless.
>
> Not really.
>
> > I "hate" when someone says "this won't work" without trying it. It kills
> any
> > creativity.
>
> I didn't say "this won't work" I said the potential of conflicts is huge
> and
> named a clear example.

Ok. You are speaking about a potential theoretical conflict with some apps.
Whereas I've used this software for a month with most popular programs for
the Om, including tangogps, omgps, web browser, terminal (with text
selection), etc, and saw no conflicts.

Ok, you named one theoretical example, but I'm a practical guy you know :-)

Try your favorite programs and tell me if any of them conflicts, then we can
talk.

> Don't be oversensitive :)

Write a program that you really like. Then I'll criticize it without even
looking at it, and see how you react.

I'm relaxed though, some people react much worse.