[shr-u] wakeuptime, was Re: 2.6.31 is out, where is my ultimate kernel?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 11 16:04:55 CEST 2009

On Friday 11 September 2009, Matthias Huber wrote:
> Today i did another test, because i patched qi with ghex for giving the
> kernel
> loglevel=0, and my result today (look at the bottom for version) was:
>
> ONE Ring until i get shr-todays slider to see.
>
> That is ok for me. On that there is the question:
> Why is qi delivered on the repo with debuglevel 4 ?

Because it's a fair tradeoff between speed and getting some debug information
if something goes wrong?  If booting from SD the loglevel is easily changed
anyway. It would be just as easy for NAND if Qi could read jffs2. You can also
change the loglevel at runtime as suggested in the shr tweak/customisation
guides. This will be just as effective for resume, but not as fast for boot.