Contacts from Nokia N70 to opimd with PISI: no phone field

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 20:45:12 CEST 2009

On 9/11/09, Michael Pilgermann <kichkasch at gmx.de> wrote:
> In fact, it even is default already.

Nice :)

> However, it is not the standard way of storing phone number information
> (if you look around at other backends) - so I decided to leave it up to
> the user.

Other backends? I'm opimd developer, and in opimd that's standard
which apps should follow. You can do what you want in other databases
and datasources, but in opimd you have to use that, as opimd is
designed to bring apps support of the same data. When you won't follow
standards, then you take risk for having stored incompatible data,
unusable in some apps.

BTW, someone somewhere on ml pointed to some RFC document about URIs,
and tel: was the correct, standard one for phone numbers.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos