Dbus api for gta2 accelerometers

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sat Sep 12 12:58:48 CEST 2009

On Saturday 12 September 2009 09:56:08 Ivo van den Maagdenberg wrote:
> Anyone able to show how to read out the accelerometers through d-bus? I
> tried looking it up on http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dbus_device_API but
> did not find references to the accelerometers.

What's your usecase? Since very recently, we provide
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesmartphone.Device.Orientation.html;hb=HEAD

Perhaps this is enough for your usecase. It's not giving you the exact data
though, since this -- as Frederik also mention -- would not give any benefit
over the direct reading from the input event nodes, but also come with the
rather severe disadvantage of additional CPU impact.

Btw., thanks for pointing at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dbus_device_API, I
have completely removed this page and what links to it.

:M: