Contacts from Nokia N70 to opimd with PISI: no phone field

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 15:06:52 CEST 2009

On 9/12/09, Nicola Mfb <nicola.mfb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Michael Pilgermann <kichkasch at gmx.de>
> wrote:
>> In fact, it even is default already.
>>
>> However, it is not the standard way of storing phone number information
>> (if you look around at other backends) - so I decided to leave it up to
>> the user.
>
> Uh! I just gived it a try but not digged about standards.
> Please Michael may you elaborate a bit about that?
> And please Sebastian/FSO team, if you are not following a standard and
> are just creating a new one may you point why the "old" standard is
> bad?
>
>     Nicola

opimd uses standard URI notation, not just plain phone number, as
"Phone" field can have also SIP and other references, not only GSM.
There is no such thing as "new standard". I'm just saying "use URI,
not plain number". In the same way use "http://www.openmoko.org/" in
"Website" field instead of "www.openmoko.org", as it can be also https
(or some exotic protocol), not only http.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos