Dbus api for gta2 accelerometers

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sat Sep 12 20:20:16 CEST 2009

On Saturday 12 September 2009 19:50:26 Ivo van den Maagdenberg wrote:
> 2009/9/12 Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at vanille-media.de>
>
> > On Saturday 12 September 2009 09:56:08 Ivo van den Maagdenberg wrote:
> > > Anyone able to show how to read out the accelerometers through d-bus? I
> > > tried looking it up on http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dbus_device_API
> > > but did not find references to the accelerometers.
> >
> > What's your usecase? Since very recently, we provide
> >
> > http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesm
> >artphone.Device.Orientation.html;hb=HEAD
> >
> > The use case is as follows: take the openmoko and make it a cycleway
> > shock
>
> measuring platform, utilizing the accelerometers. So, direct reads from the
> are going to be needed.

Excellent, very valid usecase, but not for
org.freesmartphone.Device.Orientation. As I've said multiple times, for real-
time data, you better read the accelerometers by directly querying the input
event nodes.

> I am not yet up to speed with the fso stack. Is it possible to explain why
> the fso direction to read out data from the accelerometers was abandoned?

It was not abandoned, it has never been provided. (Ok, that's not 100% true.
In fact, we had an experimental plugin for that but that consumed so much CPU
time that it made the whole system crawl and was never used).

:M: