QtMoko - how do I get WiFi working?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 13 13:31:35 CEST 2009

I think you should be looking into this first "WPA: No SSID info found
(msg 1 of 4)"

If WPA cant see the SSID, then nothing that follows will work.

Is the AP transmitiing its SSID - if not turn it on for testing at least
(cant confirm, but I suspect it must be on for wifi to work).

What does "iwlist eth0 scan" show? - remember the FR wifi setup is DEAF
- you need to be twice as close to the AP as a typical laptop with a
solid connection to even see the AP - and ideally a couple of meters
away when testing like this to remove doubt.

Install wmiconfig and run "wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf" after
powering on the wifi chip and before scanning.

WPA[1|2] works fine for me using wifi manually in a similar fashion to
you - but I am currently on shr.

There are also wifi issues with some kernels, but I have not used qtmoko
so cant say if thats one of them.

BillK

Home in Perth!