Dbus api for gta2 accelerometers

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Tue Sep 15 02:44:58 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 01:36:35PM +0100, Al Johnson wrote:

> Out of interest why you want to know the position of the points,

   For simulation purposes. Aerial photographs can be used too, of course,
but it is quite time consuming to measure the distances that way. Curves
are also an issue that I hope the GPS will do away with.

> and how do
> you intend to distinguish them from a lateral track defect?

   I don't know if it can be done automatically. The idea is to detect the
common crossing as the wheels pass over it, and maybe you can tell from the
accelerometer readings that only wheels on one side ran over something or
perhaps the data show a particular signature from the common crossing that a
lateral track defect doesn't have.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen