shr-contacts/messages/dialer: window size and further issues

Michal Brzozowski rusolis at poczta.fm
Wed Sep 16 00:22:04 CEST 2009

2009/9/15 jeremy jozwik <jerjoz.forums at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 10:44 AM, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:
> >> [debian] shr-contacts/messages/dialer: window size and further issues
> >
> > no.
> > if only debian it would have kept that to pkg-fso list.
> > these apps are developed and mainly used on shr, so the shr guys are
> meant
> > as well -- and probably re the only one able to answer.
>
> right, but they work fine on the shr-distro. so this is not all
> encompassing.

This doesn't depend on the distro, but on the WM.

I've had the same trouble when running these apps on SHR under Icewm. The
problem is that they set a maximum size property (or something similar), and
the WM won't resize them to anything bigger. The same thing happened in
vala-terminal (except the other way around - too big and didn't fit the
screen).

Illume or enlightement seems to ignore these properties and set the size to
480x640 no matter what. So I did the same and hacked Icewm to ignore it and
everything works fine.