Launcher - v 0.37 Release UPDATED (inbuilt contacts, sms and phonelog)

Łukasz Pankowski lukpank at o2.pl
Wed Sep 16 01:37:40 CEST 2009

c_c <cchandel at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>   Here's the latest version of launcher.
>
>   Changes :-
>  * contacts categories
>  * better sms workflow
>
>   Caveats : It still takes long for the program to get ready for use. I'm
> still trying to figure out how best to optimise the initial data sync
> between opim and launcher. Ideas are welcome.
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3650415/launcher_0.37_arm.ipk
>launcher_0.37_arm.ipk

I must say launcher is a promising program with nice looking GUI, but
with some notable segfaults (but you probably know all of them).

Some issues:

- The must have feature is to respect "SingleInstance=true" as illume
  does.

- It is somewhat strange for me that "Edit cat" is a top level icon (why
  not under "Configure"?) and "Set App Categories" (the feature I needed
  first) is hidden down on the configure screen.  I only discovered "Set
  App Categories" now writing this sentence, before I thought "App
  Icons" was for this purpose, but it segfaults when I select some
  category.

- I like messages grouped in conversations (as is). But Whenever I start
  launcher one more copy of almost all messages is copied from SIM to
  the conversations (some has 30 messages)

- The "Re:" part of conversation could be displayed after first clicking
  on "Reply" as it unnecessary takes screen space when I just watch the
  conversation.

- For me there is only one "==>OUT" conversation with all messages
  attached to a random name from my phone book and random date.

- Conversation recognizes some numbers from phone book but not the
  others.