Launcher - v 0.37 Release UPDATED (inbuilt contacts, sms and phonelog)

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 03:53:31 CEST 2009

Hi,
  Thanks for the quick feedback. Its so easy for me to work around these
problems that after some time they stop appearing as problems any more.
Hence, your feedback on basic issues really helps re-align my perspective.

Łukasz Pankowski wrote:

> - The must have feature is to respect "SingleInstance=true" as illume
>   does.

  It does for all the external apps. I assume you're talking about the
internal apps or for launcher itself. Thats something I need to add - and I
must admit that I have let this slip for long. Will sort this out soon.

Łukasz Pankowski wrote:

> - It is somewhat strange for me that "Edit cat" is a top level icon (why
>   not under "Configure"?) and "Set App Categories" (the feature I needed
>   first) is hidden down on the configure screen.

  You're right. I'll exchange the locations. 'Configure' is a longer word -
so it takes more screen space. Not just for itself but each toolbar item
expands to the size of the largest word.

Łukasz Pankowski wrote:

>  I only discovered "Set  App Categories" now writing this sentence,
>  before I thought "App Icons" was for this purpose, but it segfaults
> when I select some  category.

  Ok - I guess the frame headings are too grey to be seen clearly. The
button categories and app icons are in the frame 'Icon Sequence' and
actually offer a way of having the icons displayed in your own sequence. The
categories works - the 'app icons' is again something I've not done work on
for some time. Will sort that out soon.

Łukasz Pankowski wrote:

> - But Whenever I start launcher one more copy of almost all messages
>   is copied from SIM to the conversations

  Can you try the newer version? This should work fine now.

Łukasz Pankowski wrote:

> - The "Re:" part of conversation could be displayed after first clicking
>   on "Reply" as it unnecessary takes screen space when I just watch the
>   conversation.

  Yes, usefull suggestion. I'll do that. First click on reply shows the
reply bubble, and after typing a message, the second click sends it. Makes
sense.

Łukasz Pankowski wrote:

> - For me there is only one "==>OUT" conversation with all messages
>   attached to a random name from my phone book and random date.

  That should be fixed too. Can you send me a screenshot? I'll add buttons
in settings that allow you to resync from launcher itself - if you notice
something is off - till all the bugs get squashed. For now can you delete
the db in /home/root/.launcher/launcher.db and retry?

Łukasz Pankowski wrote:

> - Conversation recognizes some numbers from phone book but not the
>   others.

  Well, I'm picking up the settings from /etc/phone-utils.conf. Can you
check if your international, country and area codes there are right? And can
you send me a few examples where the names aren't matched right?

 Thanks again.