[shr-u] wakeuptime, was Re: 2.6.31 is out,where is my ultimatekernel?

Russell Dwiggins undrwater at verizon.net
Wed Sep 16 06:11:22 CEST 2009

|This is documented in the SHR User Manual[1] and on the SHR wiki[2].
|
|[1]
|http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/SHR_User_Manual#Speedup_of_suspend_and_wake_u
|[2] http://shr-
|project.org/trac/wiki/Tweaks#majorreallymajorspeedupofsuspendandwakeup

Just to be clear for others, I had already applied the above before running
into this complaint.  Prior to those instructions, I rarely was able to
answer a call from suspend before it went to voicemail prior to applying the
above solution.

I will try the suggestion of reducing the loglevel in u-boot.

Quick question (or maybe not): My understanding of the bootloader is that it
passes the system startup to the kernel, and goes home for beer.  It seems
that it still has a job to do after the kernel starts...what is it doing?  I
only ever remember grub being involved in a suspend situation when I was
using suspend to disk.

[Russell Dwiggins]