SHR-U: Mokonnect...

Warren Baird wjbaird at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 16 17:24:20 CEST 2009

I must admit that even though I generally prefer gui tools for this kind of
thing - life got a lot easier once I bit the bullet and just created a
wpa_supplicant config file with all the networks I usually connect to in it.

I created a 'connect_wifi' script that basically does fsoraw -r WiFi --
wpa_supplicant - etho0 -Dwext -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

when I want to use wifi I just start terminal - do "connect_wifi &", and
then once it connects I do a udhcpc, and I'm done.

After suspending I wait for wpa_supplicant to reconnect, and then have to
manually do a udhcpc again.

It's far from ideal - but it's given me much more reliable wifi connectivity
than when I was trying to mofi or mokonnect.

Good luck.

Warren

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:57 AM, John Dowd <jdowdster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 September 2009 10:53:08 Valery Febvre wrote:
> > I think The file you are looking for is:
> >
> > /usr/share/mokonnect/mkconfig.py
>
> Yeah, I found it and blew it away and now the installation does look like a
> new one. The big problem now is that the scan function of Mokonnect no
> longer
> works. Bummer.
>
> Cheers!!
>
> --
> "To Err is human, to forgive is NOT company policy."
>
> John Dowd
> S/W Contractor
> email: jdowd at gmail dot com
> Cell: (613)316-7884
> Home: (613)234-7884

Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist
http://www.synergisticimages.ca