Web site promoting open hardware?

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Wed Sep 16 19:30:26 CEST 2009

There is also http://www.elinux.org/Products
> I.e. a site that links to things like Openmoko, Qi, AlwaysInnovating,
> maybe Lemote, OpenPandora, ...
There is also the bug (I call it bug device) from buglabs:
The bug device is:
*100% Free software
*also free hardware:
**the design is available(pdf)
**they didn't patent their design
That("open-hardware") is also very important for this device because of
the purpose of the device...
with that device you can:
*make your own modules(if you have the connector),for instance:
http://community.buglabs.net/forums/8-BUGmodules/topics/363-First-Homebrew-Bug-module

(/!\contains links to youtube videos,you can download them with
youtube-dl or view them with vlc,gnash,firefox+greasemonkey+a script)

*use the von hippel to interface with electronics circuits

What is the bug device:
That's hard to describe:
Basically the bug device is a base + additional modules:
http://store.buglabs.net/ lists the avaliables modules...

For using the modules the preferred way is to use their java framework
based on concierge OSGI,and java-me(with extended classes...)
There is an eclipse plugin that easier the setup...
But someone can also use python for instance or other programming
languages
For python what has been done is here:
http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Develop_with_Python
python bindings are not very advanced but some development tricks are
explained(how to unpack struct...how to do ioctls...in python)

By the way I don't think you can add more than 2 screens(I started
coding a media player in pygtk that used the 2 screens)...
and usb support is not so great with the previous kernel I tested(not
the lastest one...the one just before...I'll upgrade) but you have usb2
on the von hippel
Basically some things work such as my wifi card(I've an old version of
the bug device without wifi),audio card,mouse,keyboard(warning has an
old kdrive...I tested my keyboard with a game that use the framebuffer
directly),but not my tv card didn't work

Denis.