[SHR] kernel config and how to build modules

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 17 12:10:15 CEST 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009, Radek Polak wrote:
> Radek Polak wrote:
> > Hi,
> > anybody knows how is kernel built for SHR? I am interested in kernel
> > config and in knowing how to build modules for the resulting image. I
> > can see that modules in SHR are around 6MB, while gta02_packaging_config
> > produces about 30MB of modules (after doing ./build GTA02 dummy in andy
> > tracking git).
>
> Ping... or is it secret information?

The whole of SHR, including the kernel, is built using OpenEmbedded. Packages
are compiled according to bitbake recipes which have a .bb extension. These
are equivalent to spec files for rpm, or gentoo ebuild files. If you have the
shr build environment installed you can look at
shr-unstable/openembedded/recipes/linux/linux-openmoko* to see exactly what
they do.