mplayer?

David Garabana Barro david at garabana.com
Thu Sep 17 13:13:51 CEST 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009 12:45:42 Robin Paulson wrote:

> no, i don't use resiser, i've always been on ext2/3 for my neo. the
> former doesn't have a good future, unfortunately

So have ext2/3 with the upcoming btrfs [1]. ext2/3 were good on 90's, but they
are absolutely outdated, slow and featureless. For example, Tail packing and
good small file performance is a must with OSM tiles. You don't have any of
two with ext2/3...
Another good alternative would be JFS (although I don't know how it performs
with many small files), but there is not jfs module on om kernel.

BTW, I was the one with reiserfs and intone ;)

[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/342892/