For all ya BFS (brain fuck scheduler) lovers out there

carcinoma carcinoma at gmx.net
Thu Sep 17 19:26:05 CEST 2009

I've tested the option with an old SHR-U Image from 8.8.2009 (updated to
current) and it feels like... wow, fast.
But, after activate option on an other SHR-U there where no improvements
to feel. therefore i reflashed my own with the newest image (ca.
6.9.2008) and update it to current state of shr-u. the effect is, when i
activate no_new_fair_sleepers, nothing. i feel no more improvements.
some tests with the loadspeed of shr-settings shows me, there are no
load speed improvements with or without this option.

what the fault here? no idear where to search.

secondary i found that /proc/sys/kernel/sched_features. when cat this i
get 24190 (no_new_fair_sleepers) and 24191 (new_fair_sleepers). does it
make sense to set this file to activate the no_new_fair_sleepers instead
using the (additional) mounted debugfs?

 Carci