mplayer?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 13:08:23 CEST 2009

On Friday 18 September 2009, Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2009/9/17 David Garabana Barro <david at garabana.com>:
> > So have ext2/3 with the upcoming btrfs [1]. ext2/3 were good on 90's, but
> > they are absolutely outdated, slow and featureless. For example, Tail
> > packing and good small file performance is a must with OSM tiles. You
> > don't have any of two with ext2/3...
> > Another good alternative would be JFS (although I don't know how it
> > performs with many small files), but there is not jfs module on om
> > kernel.
>
> i wouldn't say featureless, exactly....
>
> anyway, how would i go about changing to something more modern? say
> ext4 or btrfs?

root partition, or another one? remember you need the kernel in ext2/3 or fat
for the bootloader to be able to read it, or in NAND. Also remember btrfs on-
disk format is still subject to change, so a kernel upgrade may mean you can't
read it.

http://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Ext4_Howto#Converting_an_ext3_filesystem_to_ext4