[QTMOKO] GPS pedometer app up on github

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Sep 18 20:22:35 CEST 2009

ANT wrote:

> Jim Morris wrote:
> >I think the long term solution is to copy FSO, and use DBUS.
> >What do you think?
>
> As for me, it would be better to add necessary functionality to Whereabouts
> API (if we are talking about long term plans).

I havent looked at neither whereabouts nor GPSD api, but i think it
would be nice if we could support both of them. So that qtopia apps can
use whereabouts api and X or some legacy applications can use gpsd at
the same time.

It would mean, that whereabouts server has to open socket at the same
port as gpsd does and emulate it.

But it's just an idea :)

Regards

Radek