QtMoko v11

Ali alishams at interchange.ubc.ca
Sun Sep 20 14:41:08 CEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 22:08 -0700, Jim Morris wrote:
> Excellent,Thanks Radek.
>
> Seems to work ok so far.
>
> Is there a better web browser though? The one in the menu still gets killed when I try to load say
> http://wolfman.com, and http://dogz.us just shows a blank screen. The fonts are so small on most
> other sites it is impossible to read without a magnifying glass :)
>
> I think this one was a demo they put there to show webkit in action.
>
> Thanks
> Jim
I wouldn't mind it gone from the distro I think it sucks. Remember
  qtmoko is on debian so everything in debian is available to us.
  apt-get install iceweasel (firefox with free graphics) but that's overkill (and slow) on a phone. Try midori, I
 think it's a little bloated for the freerunner, but it does the job.
Dillo[1] is my favourite but I can't seem to find it in the repos- even
the old version based on gtk was really fast. Dillo2 uses fltk2- it's
damn fast and fairly pretty. [1] Also has an opk that you may be able to
extract and execute, but I haven't had the chance to test it out
myself.

[1] http://misc.andi.de1.cc/dillo/