Qi - how do I make it boot from another partition on the SD card?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Sep 21 09:00:00 CEST 2009

Paul Fertser wrote:

> So what do you suggest?

My suggestion, please ignore it if you dont like it :)

Pressing any key brings Qi in interactive mode. It can work the same way
as uboot. AUX switches between partitions, POWER boots selected one.
Selected partition can be indicated with AUX led blinking. Blinking
could work like 2second OFF followed by fast blinks for selected
partition number.

time->               2s              4s

NAND |               .               .

It could be that booting in interactive mode starts with NAND, because
it's better then start booting from SD (one needs to know number of
bootable partitions in SD and also NAND is very common boot option).

I know it's quite a big change, but i dont think that current partition
switching is usable.

Regards

Radek