tangogps 0.9.7 release

Yorick Moko yorickmoko at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 20:36:34 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Marcus Bauer <marcus.bauer at gmail.com>wrote:

> Heya out there!
>
> First of all thanks for the many positive emails I got over the last
> months, motivating me to bring a new release of tangoGPS to the coolest
> open hardware gadget on earth - the openmoko phone.
>
> The new features include:
>
>  * overzoom until level 20
>  * upscaling of missing tiles
>  * a map scale indicator
>  * overhauled "this point" function
>   - easy measuring of distances and ways
>   - display of bearing = useful for navigation
>  * friend function simplified and you can now add a message
>   to your position
>

> As always, it runs well on your laptop/netbook too. The full release
> announcement is here:
>
>  http://www.tangogps.org/gps/cat/News
>
> I am currently looking for cool stories/photos/blog entries for
> featuring on the website. Thus send me your stories, pictures or links
> - be it on the Freerunner or any other device.
>
> Have fun!
> Marcus

Great  news!!
I think this is the most used app for the FR

I've navigated with it on a roadtrip (navit as a backup)
3500km though eastern europe in 5 days (no paper maps or other devices)
I used googlemaps to do the routing, converted the road to gpx and loaded it
in tangogps
this worked great
and we didn't get lost :-)

other apps also use the maps of tangogs (advanced geocaching and evopedia
for example)
which is an acknowledgement that it's a good programme

keep up the good work!
looking forward to further upgrades