Fwd: Re: linphone

Paul Stuff4Tschaka at gmx.net
Tue Sep 22 16:35:21 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 4:19 PM, John Dowd <jdowdster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 21 September 2009 17:11:18 Tschaka wrote:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > i have two positive suggestion for you. first is: i got linphone to play
> > and record sound!!
> > with the hints from the mail you quoted, the packages there (dunno if
> > neccessary) and a self-created alsa state file [1], it works.
> >
> > i moved the /etc/asound.conf file somewhere else (dunno if neccessary,
> try
> > it out), loaded up the state file and now can make calls. however there
> is
> > one problem: you will hear yourself with a 1 sec delay occasionally. try
> > edit the state file and finetune it.
> >

> > second is: you can add contacts through rightclicking on the contacts
> > thingy in linphone. now there is the literki keyboard (you can find it
> > through searching the mailing list), which lets you open up an emulated
> > mouse with pointer and right and left click. read rusolis' announcement
> for
> > further instructions. simply "rightclick" on the contacts area, click on
> > add and off you go.
> >
> > hope this helps. Please report back your experiences with the asound.conf
> > removal and your results.
> >
> > Greetings!
>
> The removal of the asound.conf file just caused the audio to not work. I
> have
> not delved very far into the inner workings of the Neo so I don't know if
> any
> errors are available to report. Since there is no "messages" file I can't
> list
> it here.
>
> I'm presuming that you meant me to use the state file that you linked to in
> your email. I put it on the neo and rebooted (don't know how to "load" the
> state machine from the command line).
>
> Your new state file had no discernible effect on the quality of the audio.
> It
> was still very broken up and delayed and exactly the same as the original
> state file.
>
> Cheers!!
>
> --
> "To Err is human, to forgive is NOT company policy."
>
> John Dowd
> S/W Contractor
> email: jdowd at gmail dot com
> Cell: (613)316-7884
> Home: (613)234-7884

whoops, i guess i wasnt clear enough at this point. You got to load the
state file via
"alsactl -f /usr/share/shr/scenarii/linphone2.state restore" (assuming you
put it into this corresponding directory) before making a call with
linphone.

as i said, it worked here, i could call myself on another PC using
Ekiga/linphone on it and on my mobile. didn't test how the removal of
asound.conf affects the system in general, especially after a reboot. i
guess it is there for a reason. i would like to do further testing, but i'm
short in time for at least the next few days.

anyway, feel free to mail :)

Greetings!