fatfingershell ?

pike pike-openmoko at kw.nl
Wed Sep 23 18:01:07 CEST 2009

Hi

>> I just *love* the fatfingershell
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV4p414_VJM
>> http://fz.hobby-site.org/om/fatfingershell/
>>
>> .. and i'm really curious if there's been
>> any update since april 1 ?
>
> Yes and no. I have almost ready a new version

That's very cool. I have been playing with the
idea on and off. The suite of bash scripts to
do calls etc is actually ofcourse indepent
from the actual terminal used - in my eyes,
fatfingershell is rather a type of terminal
than a shell. it's "bash in a fancy terminal".

So, I've been playing on an adapted/finetuned
bash - where for example autocompletion also
takes your call history and addressbook into
account :-) "c[tab] pi[tab]" would "call pike".
It would work in vala-terminal just as well.
But still, just playing.

I'm not in favor of "one char commands" - i
like the fact that the terminal would
literally type out "call" if you type c[tab].
This way, getting familiar with the available
commands is really easy. Ofcourse, it implies
there should be no other commands with a "c"
on your path.

Anyway - looking forward to the improvements !

thanks,
*-pike

PS. Some ideas here:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:Pike/FFShell