[Shr-User] Offline SHR Manager - First Release 0.1

Baruch Even baruch at ev-en.org
Sat Sep 26 20:23:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

Michael Pilgermann wrote:
> Offline SHR Manager (oSHyReMan) is a tiny GTK-based tool for managing
> your Freerunner from your Desktop when the phone is connected via USB.
>
> The idea behind is putting together a collection of commands, which are
> executed via SSH - before oSHyReMan again and again typed by the user -
> now with oSHyReMan automatically.

I'm been thinking about a similar thing but maybe a better approach is
to have a small webserver on the moko with a cgi that presents a web
interface to the user with plugins from various applications that help
you manage them, configure them and do whatever is needed. This way it
will work no matter what your host is, it can also work when at a
friends/parents and not depend on your machine.

As convenience improvements that I'd like for such a solution would be
to register this webapp with avahi for zeroconf detection and an export
of a small usb drive with windows/mac/Linux drivers/conf that can make
configuring the network on the moko a breeze.

I already have some code that uses libsoup for a basic webserver in vala
  but I'm also doing other things as well and don't have enough time to
work on this all by myself, if there will be collaborators I'd be happy
to jump-start such a project. Any takers?

Baruch