Qi - why only 3 partitions on SD card?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 13:21:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Petr Vanek <vanous at penguin.cz> wrote:

> how well do you want to have it published? :)

A howto that explains every step needed to put it al together would be nice.
Example:
- where would the "menu partition" live? On SD crd or on NAND?
- how do I install the whole deal?

> the thread mentions all
> that is needed to actually create initrd and menu, plus has links to my
> testing images: http://vanous.penguin.cz/files/om/menu/
>
> Well, I didn't understand how to put it all together.

> the proof of concept was ok but as i am not a programmer the only thing
> i could do was to make a simple script. this required X to run and
> became too big and too slow to boot. anyone with coding skills could
> either use and tweak Zaurus program or make something new...

Yes.  It will be interesting to see if anyone actually makes something, or
if this idea will stay as a proof of concept forever.

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen