QtMoko v12

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Mon Sep 28 10:09:57 CEST 2009

Paul Fertser wrote:
> Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> writes:
>> Also battery indicator should be now fixed. It was showing wrong values
>> after a few suspend cycles because of incorrectly reported value in
>> sysfs.
>
> Do you mean it's the same issue with reading nonsense from sysfs nodes
> when battery driver returns -ENODEV? I wonder if it's already filed on
> OM trac...

Actually it may be related to that, but this was a QtExtended bug, if it ever got a 0 returned for
the battery capacity, rather than ignoring it as a transient error, it presumed the battery was a
dumb battery, and switched forever to a mode that no longer exists in the kernel for detecting the
voltage of a dumb battery.

I don't know why capacity returned 0 once then went back to normal, but it usually happened after
waking up from suspend. So now the QtExtended battery driver ignores a zero return.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com