QtMoko - screen "undims" every minute or so?

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Mon Sep 28 10:16:36 CEST 2009

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Hi,
> When my FreeRunner is connected via usb to my laptop, the screen
> "un-dims" ever minute or so.
> Screen dim is set to default (20 seconds?), ut every minute the screen
> goes back to "un-dimmed" again, without me doing any activity on the
> FreeRunner.
> Why does it do that?

I just found the bug in QtMoko for this, and will submit the patch to Radek.

Basically it was not detecting the not charging but plugged in correctly and someone had added a
hack to turn off charging that was causing it to restore the screen every time it sampled the
battery state. It also wrote the power settings to the config file every time too, that is every few
seconds.

BTW it only happened when it was plugged in but fully charged.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com