recommendations for headset or 3.5mm adapter

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 12:36:19 CEST 2009

Stefan Buschmann <s_buschmann at gmx.de> writes:
> So, would it be possible to solder a wire like this?
>
> - 1 x 2.5mm
> - 2 x 3.5mm (one for standard earphone, one for standard microphone)
>
> That way I could use standard earphones or a PC-headset, which would be
> very nice. And given the configuration of the pins, it should not be too
> hard to make. So, would this approach work, or is there something else
> to consider which I as a software-only geek don't think of?

NP. Just take care to make it somewhat robust, that's the only
requirement. And don't mess the pinout.

I was going to solder a thing like that myself and already bought all
the parts needed (including small smt button for extra functionality
;) ) but since i never really needed that, i failed to actually start
soldering :)

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com