Integrating telepathy and opim and fso [Was: Revamping Elmphonelog]

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 20:14:17 CEST 2009

On 9/28/09, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 07:55:09PM +0200, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
>> opimd uses backends. One of them is SQLite-Calls, but noone other than
>> opimd should read sqlite file directly, as there can be other backens
>> used.
>
> BTW, something really cool I just remembered this weekend:
>
>   integration between telepathy and opim and fso.
>
> Think about it:
>   * login == insert SIM automatically (if you wish)
>   * logout == gsm off
>   * buddies == contacts, contacts have phone, sip, xmpp id, whatever
>
> I'm interested into reasearching the possibilities. Where is updated
> info on how to use opim at C api level?
>
> Best,
> Rui

Dunno about C, but updated dbus reference is on http://docs.freesmartphone.org/

I hope i'll write some human readable introduction soon, as I know
using opimd interface may be unclear at first look (ATM I recommend to
look opimd-cli python script from opimd-utils, as well as other
scripts from that package)

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos