Countdown app using PyGTK

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 28 23:09:25 CEST 2009

Am Montag, den 28.09.2009, 22:40 +0200 schrieb Matthias Huber:
> Marcel schrieb:
> > included in the tarball. Don't really know yet which one I like more,
> > mine fits better into the colorful SHR look I think...
> >
> i like mine more, because i am remebering old times with my grand ma. :-)
>
> and .. btw i dont like black knobs with little white letters in the sun
> outside.
>
> although it seems that most of moko-users are glad with it.
>
> or isn't this the reason for you to ask the community for help, that the
> letters are to little ?

I just thought about the time display - didn't even notice the button's
captions being too small because I know by heart what they do. Good
point, going to change that.

> > Since it doesn't want to install using distutils on my Neo [1] and I
> > have no idea how to fix that, you are advised to do a dry run (-n) first
> > to see what would happen, but encouraged to try it. :)
> > A bb recipe at least exists, too, but I'm still looking for some advice
> > with my install problem; devel at l.om.org wasn't helpful yet...
> >
> i don't understand anything about bb recipes and such things, i always
> use ipkg-utils for packaging.

As some SHR guy said: Having packages made by the distribution
maintaines (or rather their build system) is more reliable than having
packages spread all over opkg.org and having to check manually for
updates. The hint with the bb recipe was intended for some guy reading
my mail on community at l.om.org and wanting to help. (That's why I cc'ed
the list, would be helpful if you replied to it, too, so that others
notice what we're talking here.)

> > [1]:
> > error: invalid Python installation: unable to
> > open /usr/include/python2.6/pyconfig.h (No such file or directory)
> >
> when do you get this error ?

when doing
$ python setup.py install
in the program's directory on the Neo to install it.

> i don't have such a headerfile in my python-dir.

Me neither, and I noticed it's included in Debian's normal python
package, but doesn't exist in Ångstrom (base of all our opkg-using
distros) as it seems...

--
Marcel