[QtMoko] Arora web browser

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 14:57:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 9:41 PM, radek polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> > I did 'apt-get update' then 'apt-cache shw arora', and the output says
> that
> > this is version 0.2-1
> > neo:~# apt-cache show arora
>
> You should use the Qtopia package manager (Main menu->Settings->Package
> manager")

Thanks.
A bit strange, in the Settings menu it is listed as "Software Packages" even
if the program is named "Package Manager".
Oh well, no biggie.

When I look at the arora package description, it have everything (including
a md5sum), except a version number. Surely a version number would be more
helpful to us humans in a GUI tool?
Anyway, arora installed and it is version 0.4. It works too! :-)

Another thing, I noticed that Package Manager downloads the list of packages
every time you strt it up (ie. nothing is cached).
Is this how it is supposed to work?

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen