QtMoko - WiFi - ease of use?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:35:17 CEST 2009

Ok, so now WiFi works - great.
(still on QrMoko v11, I hope to upgrde to v12 before Radek releases again).

And when I am at home and the Neo is connected to my own wireless network it
is truly great.
Scan seems to work ("WLAN Detection"), but I have to select "Add Networks"
afterward, results (of the scan) doesn't show up automatically.
However, the list of new networks doesn't indicate if the networks are
encrypted or open.
And if I try to connect to a network, the connection will just fail if the
network is encrypted, without even asking me fro a passphrase.

If I go into the "wireless encryption" screen, all the new networks show up
as open (even when they are encrypted)

Seriously, It can't be supposed to work like this, that I have to know every
detail about a network I want to connect to?
As long as I have the correct passphrase, the "WLAN program" in QtMoko
should figure out the rest of the technical details.

So, is ther an easier way? Something that works like NetworkManager in
Ubuntu perhpas?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen