Universal Remote for CE/HA? (openmoko)

Christoph Mair ml at chonyota.net
Wed Sep 30 21:37:31 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch 30 September 2009 07:51:26 schrieben Sie:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Jed <jedi.theone at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I glued a infrared led into the aux key for this purpose. Did someone
> >> already try to compile lirc for the FR? My attempt to just 'bitbake' it
> >> failed (missing kernel configuration).
> >
> > LOL, if I want IR that badly I'll just find a similar device that does
> > have IR integrated.
>
> Would it be possible to solder a led onto a USB connector, and use the
> USB port (and its power) to blink the led? Ofcourse, this all depends
> on how low-level you can go on that connector...
It is possible. But you need some additional electronics, probably a MCU which
handles the USB protocol. Do you just want a blinking led? Then a dedicated
led controller chip with I2C interface should do the job (for example the
TLC59208F, http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/tlc59208f.html). For a
external, detachable solution, USB and a MCU may be the better option.

Christoph