src > bitbake > ipkg

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 00:20:06 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 11:58:45PM +0200, pike wrote:
> Hi
>
> >> Bear with me :-) The bitbake recipe refers to the ipk ?
> >
> > bitbake recipe is "build description" which instructs bitbake how to
> > create correct .ipk or .dep or .rpm or whatever from "source archive".
> >
> > In thone case it's "repackaging" your scripts.
> >

> Thanks for being clear here. I thought long
> and deep about this, and, read a manual :-)

> Probably the bitbake recipe is more complicated
> than the ipk it creates, but I guess that doesnt
> matter on your side - you need the recipe, not
> the bread.

So can I push the recipe for 0.6 as is and then improve it with next
version? I would like to.. as I'm leaving tomorrow for few days..

And it's pretty simple
http://paste.pocoo.org/show/196533/

but those 'cp' aren't good practise as you cannot easily adjust ie file
permissions as install call does..

> For now, I'll try hosting the ipkg myself;
> based on the one you created.

> A question: why is that file different than
> the ipkg  described by QTopia
> http://qtextended.org/modules/developers/qtopia.php?linkFile=developers/IPKG_Howto
> or even here
> http://handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/BuildingIpkgs
> In these descriptions, the control directory is
> a directory, not a file.

I never used ipkg-build manually, I guess that CONTROL is only temporary
file and CONTROL/control is what is packed in .ipk as control, so the
same.. but as I said before, I never used it manualy and I'm not .ipk
format expert :).

> just curious,
> *-pike

Regards,