[ANNOUNCE] eStarDict

Vaudano Luca vaudano at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 23:52:31 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Mike Crash <mike at mikecrash.com> wrote:

> Hello,
Hi Mike

> for Debian users, estardict is packaged for Neo at this repository:
>
> deb http://www.gps-routes.info/debian sid main

Thanks, I added the link in the eStarDict wiki page.

> It works good with Longman dictionary, but I have tried with czech-english
> dictionary [1], but it doesn't works, it says incompatible dictionary (or
> something like that). But it seems like good stardict dictionary, or not?
>
> [1] http://packages.debian.org/sid/stardict-english-czech

Yes the engine of the eStarDict program, for now, considers only the
most popular
dictionary type.
The dictionary, that you want to use, is formatted in a Pango markup.
I'll try to add the Pango rendering in the next eStarDict version.

Best regards,
Luca