Where is the tangoGPS community? (was: TangoGPS font size for speed indicator)

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Sat Apr 10 15:59:04 CEST 2010

Apologies for reviving a 3-month-old thread.... I'm not actually
interested in the `Marcus vs. Risto' fight; but this thread did
raise some questions for me about how I should go about being
part of to the tangoGPS developer community, myself--mainly,
*is* there actually a developer community, and where is it?

More specifically...:

Marcus Bauer <marcus.bauer at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:12:45 +0100
> Laszlo KREKACS <laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think it was nothing else just a desperate try to build a
> > community around tangogps
[...]
> > as apparently you failed to do it.
>
> Ah, allrighty! It is just that tangoGPS has a community of more than
> 100.000 users, of more than 25 distributions, of people packaging it,
> people twittering about it, people blogging about it, people discussing
> it in forums...
>
> The tangoGPS friendservice has been used almost half a million times and
> the messaging is frequently used too.
>
> There has been an article on Linux.com about tangoGPS and another one in
> the Linux Magazine.
>
> I'd say the tangoGPS community is bigger than the openmoko community :-P

Those are all measures only of an end-user community.

Having a large, thriving end-user community *is* excellent, and also
important--so I'd like to both congratulate you and thank you for that
accomplishment!

However: I'd like to know where the *developer* community is for tangoGPS--
and please don't take that the wrong way, there's nothing backhanded
in that remark; really, I'm interested in developing tangoGPS, and
communicating and collaborating with other likeminded people.
I have a set of patches, already--what should I do with them?
Where should I post them for posterity? Where is the mailing list?
Is there an IRC channel? Is there a wiki? Is there a bug-tracker?
Is there a public version-control archive? Where are all of these things?