qtmoko v21

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Apr 14 09:07:05 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 14 April 2010 07:14:35 Shashank Bharadwaj wrote:

> The first few boots were no problem, today I rebooted my phone again,
> but was not able to get the GSM to register. Previously the
> registration happened with one or two QtExtended restarts. I have
> tried more than 10 times now without any luck :(
> Any ideas where to start looking?

Yesterday i was working on qtmoko and was doing restarts very often. First
attempt was always "No network", second was usually ok, sometimes i needed 3rd
attempt.

I wonder if this is some timing issue or if it's also related e.g. to GSM
signal strength. It could be timing, because when i build qtmoko without voip
(which slightly changes timing) i think the registration was more successful.

I could upload somewhere version without voip if you would like to try.
Otherwise there can be something in the log if you enable the correct
category.

Or you can disable multiplexing and it should be working 100%, You can do it
by editing

/opt/qtmoko/etc/default/Trolltech/Modem.conf

and setting Multiplexing to no

Regards

Radek