osm2mcmap (for mcnavi)

undrwater undrwater at verizon.net
Fri Apr 16 05:42:07 CEST 2010

I was interested in seeing how mcnavi works, but there aren't any US maps
yet, so I thought I'd try to build one based on the instructions on the web
site, and in the lists.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded california.osm.bz2, and california.osm.administrative.bz2 from
http://downloads.cloudmade.com/north_america/united_states/california#downloads_breadcrumbs
here .

bunzipped both. Then ran:

osm2mcmap -bt 0 -bo boundary.mcb california.osm.administrative

which successfully created the boundary.mcb.  Next:

osm2mcmap -bi boundary.mcb -mo map.mcm california.osm

which returned:
Error opening file!
Error parsing file california.osm

There are no md5sums for these maps, so I don't know if it's corrupt or not.
Tried several downloads, with the same result.  Even tried changing
permissions.

Any ideas?

Russell Dwiggins