project customers

Kosa kosa at piradio.org
Sat Apr 17 00:02:27 CEST 2010

I ain't no expert on this, but since iPad is being a succesful "mobil
device", we could give a chance for a BIGGER Freerunner. Of course iPad
won't sell as many pices as the iPhone has, but 400k seems good for a
start. There's a huge market for the big touchscreen devices.

What about trying to do some changes here and there to put a bigger
screen (and a much bigger battery) on it. Most common linux apps would
fit on that. Debian works great on the FR right know, and a bigger
screen might be a killer spec 'couse almost every app would run with no
changes needed.

As I said, I ain't no expert, but you take glamo off, fix #1024, get a
bigger screen and battery and leave everithing else as it is and you
have a tremendous chance of succes. I would just add stereo speakers :p
 as in Neo 1973

AFAIK tangogps is THE killer app on the Freerunner, and it would be
great to have a bigger screen for a gps device. It could even fit as a
co-pilot for the car, as gps, phone, music, movies & news player. It
won't fit on the bike, but I would have his little brother for that. :)

We might face the 3g problem, but AFAIR just one of the 3 iPad models
includes 3g, so it is not a most. Not even for GTA03 nor GTA02-Core

I guess a bigger device is easier to build BTW.

Just a thought.

Kosa

- Un mundo mejor es posible -