QtMoko - application development
psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Apr 19 11:22:20 CEST 2010
here is my guide to developing application for QtMoko. It describes how i do
it myself, you can be of course comfortable doing it differently.
If i write new application for QtMoko - i do it in two steps.
1/ develop it first on PC in QtCreator. It runs as normal Qt/X11. During this
step you'll have code completion and integrated debugger.
2/ port it to QtMoko
* download and install QT SDK from nokia (http://qt.nokia.com/downloads)
and choose "Qt SDK for Linux/X11" - choice of 32bit or 64bit is on you.
* download and build QtMoko from sources. Howto is here:
Step 1 - develop on PC
* you can start new QT application, or open existing one from QtMoko
git. Good example is QMplayer in src/3rdparty/application/qmplayer. You
can open the project file from QtCreator and it should work when you compile
and launch it.
Step 2 - port to QtMoko
* you have your app running on PC. Now you need to write project file for
qtmoko. It's called qbuild.pro QMplayer is also good example.
* build ARM binary for QtMoko. In your app directory do:
* now you have binary for qtmoko copy it to neo:
root at 192.168.0.202:/
* test it
ssh root at 192.168.0.202
* congratulations if you got here
* for making qtmoko package
* for making online download repository you need packages.list file. Go
to the dir with *.qpk of your app and do:
Some useful notes
* if your package does not have qtmoko look and feel, place it in sub
folder of qtmoko git - e.g. qtmoko apps directory is best place.
* for qtopia api see really great html documentation in
* dont use quicklaunch in qbuild.pro if you want to produces application
binary. Otherwise compiling produces just .so.
Maybe it could be nice If someone wants to put this info on wiki.
More information about the community