ventura upgrades, https and self-signed certificates

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Tue Apr 20 15:25:50 CEST 2010

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, urodelo wrote:

> Since I use ventura, my whole shr experience is much better. finally a
> decent web browser! before it was impossible to surf the internet with
> woosh or others. only dillo was usable for me, but with ventura i can
> finally go through https too. i find the pg buttons etc very useful.
> thanks a lot

i, too, am much enjoying ventura over previous browsers.  that said, i
posted this query to shr-user originally, but got no answers, so i thought
i'd try here.  hope that's OK.

i had thought i was having a problem with ventura and https pages, because
in menu -> URL, the https drop-down doesn't select (i click it, but it
keeps coming up http), plus i couldn't follow a link to an https page i
wanted (my webmail service).

but it seems that https links are fine provided the certificate is
properly signed; it's only that i run my own webmail service and the
certificate is self-signed.  is there any way to tell ventura not to check
the certificate chain, but just to load the page?

--

   Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net